Friday 4 July 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder Review


A good highstreet powder can be quite hard to find but I think I've struck gold with this one, this powder is available at Boots and Superdrug for £3.99 and comes in 6 shades (although all shades are quite fair, so may not be great for darker skin tones). The packaging is decent with a clear plastic lid to cover the powder, although this allows you to see the shade of the powder and so is quite useful, I would rather the lid was opaque and contained a mirror. However for the price you can't complain.

As for the actual product, I have the shade 'Transparent' and, although the powder looks like it has some colour in the pan, it doesn't add any colour to the face when applied. This is perfect for me as I have to pack on quite a lot of powder as my skin is very oily and some coloured powders can show up orange on my pale skin (thank you English weather!). This powder is great for the price, it applies beautifully and keeps me matte for much longer. I apply it with a large powder brush, once I have buffed in my foundation, to set my make-up and get rid of any shine on my T-zone. If you have a very heavy hand with this product it can look a bit powdery but this can be fixed with a nice make-up setting spray, alternatively you can leave it and after an hour or so natural oils from your face will be absorbed by the powder and the powdery look will go away. For the price, this powder is amazing. It keeps your face matte for the whole day, doesn't add unnecessary colour to your face and is cheap as chips. What more could you ask for? 

Let me know what you thought of this powder, do you like it as much as I do?



No comments:

Post a Comment