Friday 20 November 2015

TJ's Cloth Nappies Cloth Pad Review


These pads were the first ever editions to my cloth pads 'stash', I found them one day whilst hunting for cheap pads to try. TJ's Cloth Nappies has a range of these cloth nappies (or diapers if you're american) and they also sell a range of cloth pads. These pads look similar to the Precious star's pads, which are manufactured in China, I think it is likely that these also came from China as the prices are so similar. The 'regular' 10 inch pads are priced at £3.49, the 'heavy' 12 inch pads are £3.99 and the 'postpartum' 14 inch pads are £4.49.
A 'Regular' and a 'Heavy' pad

The width of the pads snapped up, the heavy pad is on the top
These pads are topped with a charcoal microfleece layer, the core is microfibre and all of the pads have a PUL waterproofing layer. I found the regular pads worked fine, I never had any leaks and they were pretty comfortable. However one thing to bear in mind is that these are very wide pads when snapped up, The 'regular' style are 8 cm (3.15 inches) wide when they're snapped up and the 'heavy' pads are a whopping 11 cm (4.33 inches)! I had bought 3 'regular' and two 'heavy' pads but when I wore the first heavy pad it was so wide and there was so much 'wing droop' that it was irritating and uncomfortable. I don't know why the heavy pads are so much wider than the others but it is a tad ridiculous, the extra fabric hangs between your legs and makes you feel like you are wearing a nappy. I contacted the company and mentioned the width of the heavy pads and the owner, Jackie, kindly offered to give me a refund for the heavy pad I hadn't used if I sent it back to her.

If you are looking to switch to reusables and are on a budget then I would definitely recommend these, they are comfy and absorbent. Just be warned that the heavy pads are super wide!


Have you tried these pads out? Are there any cloth pad makers that you would like to review?
Let me know in the comments!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment